Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's mid-week already. So, what's up?

Tomorrow's already Wednesday, and by the time I know it, it'll be the weekend. For this weekend, I'm going to finish up the planks project, and shoot the spaghetti shot. I've already got the ingredients, plates, wine glass, cutlery and napkin for the shot, so it shouldn't be anything difficult. It's just one shot right? Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Anyway, let's share something. I've done some googling on food photographers and right now I'm still reading up on these two famous food photographers. They are (in no particular order):
If any of these two photographers are holding a workshop down in Malaysia or anywhere in South East Asia, I'll do anything in my powers to attend them.
    Lou Manna

    Sorry I haven't read enough about Lou Manna to make up my own conclusion. However, here's an extracted from PDNonline on a little bit about Lou Manna. He's done some fabulous workshops in the United States. Original article here.
    Olympus Visionary Lou Manna has been photographing food for more than 30 years. He got his start as a food photographer at the New York Times, where he worked side-by-side with acclaimed food columnist Craig Claiborne. During his career, Manna has worked with star chefs such as Jacques Pepin and Emeril Lagasse, and his award-winning photographs have appeared in more than 30 cookbooks, including Jacques Torres’s Dessert Circus and Dr. Phil McGraw’s The Ultimate Weight Solution Cookbook. Manna is the author of Digital Food Photography, a book that teaches readers how to use digital technology to enhance food photography.
    Michael Ray

    Michael Ray was introduced to me by my partner Bob (Razali Hassan). I'm really inspired by his work, and the amount of dedication he puts into his work. You gotta dig/navigate into his foodportfolio site to find out some hidden links which showcases his precious notes on food photography. Tonnes of info that I haven't even finished reading them. It's just wow!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment