Sunday, January 17, 2010

The planks didn't work.



I have bad news. I attempted to remove the timber planks on the timber pallet and only managed to get two pieces of it removed. Not to mention one of them was chipped. My missus had warned me that probably it was better off to just buy some planks at the hardware store and put together my timber surface. But, no, I had to give it a go, because I thought, hey, I've got a free pallet, and why don't I just make it on my own, yes?

Well, to cut the story short, here's why two-hours of attempting to remove the planks only resulted into removing only two pieces of wood. Dang!:
  1. I didn't have the right tools. I had a wooden mallet and a hammer to take out the nails. The deep sunken nails wouldn't barge. Knowing this, I went off to get a wide chisel.
  2. The chisel worked, but the wooden planks are fragile. They started to break upon some force to separate them from the lateral piece of wood that binds all of them together.
  3. In short, the pallet makers did a really good job to make these pallets stand the physical abuse.
Therefore, I shall leave the pallet alone, send it to the recycling centre in USJ9 and get some real materials this coming week to build my own timber surface. Till then, I still owe myself two dishes for this weekend.

Not Cooking Tonight.
I've decided not to cook for the photo shoot tonight. I have a work submission tomorrow and it's not worth jeopardising my presentation tomorrow. I'm upset with the outcome of this week's task, but what can I do. Priorities first.





Here's What I've accomplished
Before (5.00pm):


After (7.00pm) What the...?:

2 comments:

bob@Razali Hassan said...

beb ,.u did try your best,..chill ,..

azharariff said...

Thanks beb. Minggu ni aku cuba beli kayu kt hardware store pulak..

Post a Comment