Monday, January 25, 2010

Japanese Omu Rice (slight variation)


My missus saved me this week! Thanks Hunny!
Here's why?
It was Sunday and I still have no idea what to shoot for this weekend. All I wanted to do was relax, after a week of intense work. I wanted to chill. I didn't give up on the planks and went to the hardware store to get them, only to find out that one dude just came slightly earlier than me and bought practically all the planks that I wanted. What are the chances, man?

Anyway, the good thing about it was that my now favorite grocer is near the hardware store and I headed there to get some parsley. The good news is that of all grocers in USJ/Subang Jaya area, they sell parsley! Just so happened that unfortunately they didn't sell it on Sunday, because they're out of stock! Probably another dudedette this time might've just wiped out all the parsley for a nice meal at home.

That didn't got me down, and instead I got some cool sprouts (just discovered that my grocer sells them!), and the usuals. I got home and cooked some nice grilled chicken. Turns out that my missus (and I) thought that it was so delicious, that I couldn't be bothered to photograph it, but rather just go ahead and eat 'em.

Now, I'm still down with my task for this weekend, to shot one dish. It was time for lunch on Sunday and my missus kicked me out of the kitchen this time, cos it was her turn to get the stove fired up. I wasn't hoping for anything, until she surprised me with this meal.


It's the Japanese Omu Rice (with her own variation). It smelled so appetizing even before I can taste it. The next thing on my mind was:

"Thank you Hunny, you saved me. Now I got a dish to photograph. :)"

I quickly brought the the dish out to get some natural light and just shoot it with ambient.

The nice touch with her Omu Rice was that the egg was fried in a griddle pan, hence the stripes. Very creative in my opinion. I love the fact that it's spicy (indeed) and has a peppery taste once it's in your taste buds. The live chili was the kicker. Normally live chili that I ate tastes like veggies, but not this one. This one has got the heat!

There you go. My missus' Japanese Omu Rice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment